Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Last Dinner

Last night (Friday), most of the webheads got together for a fabulous dinner at Genghiz Khan (a Chinese restaurant on 1st Avenue), thanks to Veronica's husband, who ate here several years ago and pronounced it very good (it was). Veronica made us a reservation for 10, and we agreed to meet in the lobby of the Convention Center at 7; but only a few people showed up, Anna, Veronica, Bee. Wondering where everyone was, we left for the restaurant at 7:15. We found Chris waiting for us in solitary splendor. Gradually, however, people began showing up, and by the end there were of us, if I counted correctly. It was a lovely dinner, good food, great company as you know (considering how many of us had never met f2f before this week, it's astonishing how well we all get along). I will post a photo album when I get home, as will the others I am sure (and there will be lots of duplicate shots, so please bear with us!).

This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog

After dinner, most of us headed back to the Red Lion's "Elephant and Castle" pub, where the fun continued until after midnight. Everyone was exhausted, but no one wanted to leave (except Bee, who had to leave for the airport at 5 a.m.--bon voyage, Bee, and put up a post to let us know you arrived home safe and sound). It got pretty crazy, as you will see from the pictures!

This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog

Most of the webheads are leaving today. :-( But we are already talking about next year in New York. This is a potentially accessible convention for me, being only a 4-5-hour drive from Maryland, so I am hopeful that I will be able to be there!

As I write this it is 8:15, time to leave for my workshop (they are providing breakfast and lunch!!!). Hello to all the webheads out there--have a safe journey home!

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Hello, dear friend Nina--and everyone.

I'm glad (though not surprised) that the dinner at Genghiz Khan was another success--and actually I'm not astonished in the least that all the Webheads in Seattle got along so well! I look forward to seeing the photo album that you will post after you return to Maryland.

The "happy hour (and then some!)" at the Elephant and Castle pub sounds like lots of fun! I look forward to seeing those pictures, too!

I've also started thinking about TESOL next year in NYC. I don't know whether I'll be able to attend or not, but I do know two other things for sure: that someone (you, Nina?) will make another "Webheads & Friends at TESOL" blog and that there will be webcasts for at least some of the Webheads presentations. That being the case, I'll be able to make connections virtually even if it's not in the cards to make connections face to face!

As I write this, it's Saturday evening in New York--so the Webheads are either getting things ready for the trip back home or have headed there already. I wish them (and you) a hearty "Bon voyage!" I also hope your training sessions today weren't too exhausting and that you'll find something relaxing to do on this last evening in Seattle!

With all my very best wishes--

Dennis in Phoenix

Daf said...

In spite of the fact that I was leaving for the airport at 5:30 am, I stayed with the group at the Elephant pub until the last minute. Nobody wanted to leave :-(

At 5:30 am, Paula, Bee and I took a cab to the airport. Paula got off the cab first, and Bee and I got off at the Delta terminal, she took a plane to NY, I headed to Atlanta where I took another plane to Caracas, arriving here at 10 pm, and I was safe at home by midnight :-)

Seattle photos will come later.

hugs,

Daf