Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Erika and Carla in Seattle


On a rainy day, two smiley Brazilians! Erika and I finally met again. We chatted a lot, and as we walked to the Convention Center, we kept wondering if we could spot a Webhead, like if there were any special feature that would kind of beep when our sensors spotted one of these very special people. Well, of course, we stopped by at the Electronic Village, you know, just in case...Then, there was someone looking in the other direction. I felt it! I discretly checked her badge, and yes! Elizabeth Hanson-Smith. We introduced ourselves and she whooped, everybody stared at us, but we were so excited that nobody could interfere with that special moment. Fantastic! We met the first of many Webheads. We can't wait to see all those faces whose voices (and thumbnails!) are so familiar! Wait for more tomorrow. It will start off with Elizabeth's Colloquium with Dafne, Buthaina, Teresa, Bee, and Jane Petring, and will extend to the evening get-together.

Beijos from Seattle,
Carla

8 comments:

Michael said...

Wonderful! Keep those photos coming for the rest of us. Several a day please :)

Cristina Costa said...

Great to see that you are having fun. TESOL is a great way to finally meet other webheads f2f. I experienced it last year and loved it. Hopefully, I will be able to meet some more in NY. Can't wait.

Cris (Now in the UK)

Nina Lyulkun said...

Dear Carla, Erica,

I am glad to see your happy faces and realize that you have fun meeting familiar faces and enjoying your communication with old and new friends.

We are looking forward to hearing from you shortly.

Stay happy and keep smiling.

Lots of love,
Nina Lyulkun

Sus Nyrop said...

Carla, Erika and Elizabeth, I can almost hear your pleasant greetings when I look at your smiling faces. I resonate with Michael - keep posting so that we can follow your documentation of bumping-into-webheads efforts in Seattle.

Dennis said...

Hi Carla, Erika, Elizabeth, and everyone who reads this.

What a great photo!

I loved the description of your "Webhead-detecting instinct," Carla, and am very happy you and Erika found Elizabeth.

Enjoy Seattle and TESOL! I look forward to reading more!

Hugs to all--

Dennis in Phoenix

Dennis said...

P.S.

I'll be thinking about you, Carlinha and Erikinha, on Thursday from 2:00 to 3:45 PM. I wish I could be there in person for your presentation. The topic (as you know) is one that interests me greatly.

Abraços e beijos na bochecha!

Dennis in Phoenix

testecarla said...

Dear all,

It's the least we can do for you!!! So we're just posting more photos for you. Tons of them will come soon, as the flashes didn't stop for a second today!

Dennis, you'll also be in our thoughts and in our presentation with your voice and photos from our great collaboration!

We just got from the get-together. Thrilling! And it's 1 in the morning and Erika and I just took a look at our presentation and now I'm uploading the photos.

Dennis, I met many webheads today, but it was great to meet Tom Leverett, who I know is your great friend! We had a nice chat.

Beijos,
Carla

Dennis said...

Olá, my friend.

I love what you and Erikinha have posted so far to this blog!

I was especially happy to know that you met Tom Leverett. He's a very special person and I admire him--even though I haven't seen him F2F for quite a while.

I'll definitely be with you and Erikinha in spirit during your presentation. It's a pity that it won't be webcast! However, I'm sure there will be plenty of photos, and I'm also sure I'll hear about the presentation from both you and Erikinha.

Até logo.

For now, beijos na bochecha e muitos abraços!

Dennis in Phoenix